The inaugural Golden Single music award recognizes the best of Manitoba's diverse music scene. The contest is open to amateur and professional musicians who submit an entry. You don’t need a professional recording. Entries must be submitted no later than April 15, 2017. Contest organizers reserve the right to extend the deadline when necessary.
- A Manitoba Resident and at least 18 years of age as of January 1, 2016
- Amateur or professional songwriters/musicians
- Immediate family members of the judges or Witchpolice Radio / Winnipeg Music Project team are disqualified from entering the contest
- Required to provide
- A short description of your band/music
- A current high resolution image (.jpeg)
- Links to social media (must have an active presence)
Entry Requirements (Each entry requires the following elements):
Completed Entry Form/Application
One song MP3 or wav file containing the song entry. The MP3 file should be names with the title of the song or, if it is too long, with the keywords of the title of the song entry
- Overall Likeability
Note: Production/Recording quality is NOT included in judging criteria.
1. Each song submitted must be contestant’s original work and released in after January 1, 2016 at 00:00 and prior to December 31, 2016 at 23:59. Songs may have multiple co-writers but please designate one name only on the application. Contestants may only submit one song. (Winnipeg Music Project and Witchpolice is not responsible for faulty file uploads accompanying online entries).
2. Contest is open to amateur and professional songwriters.
3. Winners will be chosen by a select panel of judges comprised of songwriters, producers and music industry professionals. Songs will be judged based on creativity, originality, lyrics, melody, arrangement and overall likeability. The quality of performance and production will not be considered.
4. Prizes will be awarded jointly to all authors of any song; division of prizes is the responsibility of winners. The Winnipeg Music Project and Witchpolice Radio reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value.
5. Winner Announcements: Contest winners will be announced by June 1, 2017.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OWNERSHIP
The ownership of the submitted song/music would be retained by the respective songwriters and musicians but with the explicit permission to be used by Winnipeg Music Project and Witchpolice Radio for the purposes of advertising and promoting the annual Witchpolice Radio and Winnipeg Music Project Golden Single Award and other related activities pertaining to the said celebration.